HRG Thanksgiving Jjajangmyeon Giveaway Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW A
PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING
This sweepstakes is in
no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram or any other social network or platform. By entering this sweepstakes, you agree to release and hold harmless Instagram from any and all liability associated with this sweepstakes. You understand that you are providing your information to Sponsor (as defined below), and not to Instagram or any other social network or platform.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The HRG Thanksgiving Jjajangmyeon Giveaway Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) begins at 9:00 am Pacific Time (“PT”) on November 14, 2020, and ends at 11:59 pm PT on November 28, 2020 (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor will be the official time keeper for the Sweepstakes.
2. SPONSOR: This Sweepstakes is sponsored by Heung Rae Gak, 357 S. Western Ave. #102, Los Angeles, CA 90020 (“Sponsor”).
3. ELIGIBILITY: To be eligible to enter and win the Sweepstakes, you (“Entrant”) must physically reside in one of the fifty (50) United States and District of Columbia, be at least thirteen (13) years of age or older as of the date of entry, and comply with these Official Rules in all respects. Any individuals who have not yet reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of the date of entry, must obtain parental or legal guardian consent to be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. Employees, officers, directors (and their immediate family members and members of their same households) and agents and representatives of Sponsor or Sponsor’s parents, subsidiaries, and affiliates are not eligible to enter or win. Void where prohibited. In the event that a potential winner is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries.
4. HOW TO ENTER: To enter the Sweepstakes during the Sweepstakes Period, you must (1) follow Sponsor’s Instagram account @heungraegak from your personal Instagram account; (2) like the post on @heungraegak mentioning this Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes Post”) from your personal Instagram account; (3) share your favorite Korean-Chinese food (“Comment”), and (4) tag at least one (1) other Instagram account on the Sweepstakes Post from your account.
5. GUIDELINES AND CONTENT RESTRICTIONS: By participating in this Sweepstakes,
Entrants acknowledge that he/she will become subject to these Official Rules available at http://www.heungraegakla.com/official-rules/ and agree to unconditionally accept and to comply with and abide by such rules and the decisions of the Sponsor, if applicable, which shall be final and binding in all respects. Entrant agrees that the entry is voluntary, gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place the Sponsor under any obligation. If multiple Comments are provided by an Entrant, only the first Comment by the Entrant will be considered and subsequent Comments will be disqualified. No substitution, revision or reposting of any Comment will be accepted under any circumstances once the Entrant submits his or her first Comment. The Comment must be a direct post on the Sweepstakes Post; any Comment(s) posted anywhere else on the Sponsor’s Instagram page will be disqualified. Failure to follow the instructions, procedures and/or these Official Rules shall render the entry invalid. All entries must be received by the end of the Sweepstakes Period regardless of method of entry. Any other attempt at entry is void. In order to be eligible, an Entrant’s comment must comply with these Official Rules (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), including, without limitation, the Comment Requirements provided in Section 6.
6. COMMENT REQUIREMENTS: By participating in this Sweepstakes, each Entrant warrants and
represents that his/her Comment:
a) is a relevant answer to the question asked on the Sweepstakes Post;
b) does not violate any law, statute, ordinance or regulation;
c) does not contain any reference to or likeness of any identifiable third parties, unless consent has been obtained from all such individuals and their parent/legal guardian if they are under the age of majority in their jurisdiction of residence;
d) will not give rise to any claims of infringement, invasion of privacy or publicity, or infringe on any rights and/or interests of any third party, or give rise to any claims for payment whatsoever; and
e) is not defamatory, trade libelous, pornographic, offensive or obscene, and further that it will not contain, depict, include, discuss or involve, without limitation, any of the following:
ii. Disparaging, defamatory, bigoted, threatening, indecent, violent, or obscene remarks;
iii. Explicit, graphic or excessive sexual activity;
iv. Crude, vulgar or offensive language and/or symbols;
v. Derogatory characterizations of any ethnic, racial, sexual or religious groups; vi. Content that endorses, condones or discusses any illegal, inappropriate or risky activity, behavior or conduct;
vii. Personal information of individuals, including without limitation, names and addresses (physical or e-mail);
viii. Conduct or other activities in violation of these Official Rules;
ix. Commercial messages, comparisons or solicitations for products or services other than those of Sponsor;
x. Any identifiable third-party products and/or trade-marks, brands or logos, unless the necessary permissions/licenses have been obtained; or
xi. Any other content that is or could be considered inappropriate, unsuitable or offensive, all as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
By entering the Sweepstakes and submitting a Comment, each entrant: (i) grants to Sponsor, in perpetuity, a world-wide, non-exclusive, irrevocable, license to publish, display, reproduce, modify, edit or otherwise use his/her Comment, in whole or in part, for advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or for any other reason; (ii) waives all moral rights in and to his/her Comment in favor of Sponsor; and (iii) agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, subsidiaries, parent or related companies, its advertising or promotional agencies, and each of their respective agents, employees, directors, successors, and assigns (collectively, the “Releasees”) against any and all claims based on publicity rights, defamation, invasion of privacy, copyright infringement, trade-mark infringement or any other intellectual property related cause of action. For greater certainty, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to remove any Comment from the Sponsor’s Instagram page if a complaint is received with respect to the Comment, or for any other reason.
7. PRIZE DETAILS: Subject to the verification of eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules, twelve (100) Winners (as defined hereinafter) will each win a Jjajangmyeon aka Black Bean Noodle (each, a “Prize”; collectively, the “Prizes”). Prizes are subject to all terms and conditions generally applicable thereto. All applicable taxes, fees and surcharges on the Prize are the sole responsibility of Winner. Prizes may not be substituted, and are neither transferable, refundable nor redeemable for cash. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prizes of equal or greater monetary value to the Prize if for any reason any Prize cannot be awarded as contemplated in these Official Rules. Each Winner is solely responsible for picking up the Prize from Heung
Rae Gak store (HRG) designated by Sponsor by November 29, 2020.
8. SWEEPSTAKES LIMITS: There is a limit of one (1) entry per Entrant and a limit of one (1) Prize per person per household. If it is discovered that any person has attempted to: (i) obtain more than one (1) Prize during the Sweepstakes Period, and/or (ii) use (or attempt to use) multiple names or identities; then, (in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion) he/she may be disqualified from the Sweepstakes. All Entrants are subject to verification for compliance with these Official Rules and the age requirement. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole and absolute discretion, to require proof of identity and/or eligibility (in a form acceptable to Sponsor – including, without limitation, government-issued photo I.D.) to participate in this Sweepstakes and/or proof of compliance (in a form acceptable to Sponsor) with these Official Rules. Failure to provide such proof to the satisfaction of Sponsor and/or failure to follow the instruction, procedures and/or these Official Rules may result in disqualification.
9. WINNER SELECTION AND NOTIFICATION: Odds depend on number of entries received. Sponsor will select twelve (100) Entrants (each, a “Winner”; collectively, the “Winners”) for the Prize in a random drawing held on November 22, 2020 and November 29, 2020 from among all eligible entries received on Instagram. Winners who enter Sweepstakes via Instagram will be notified on November 22, 2020 and November 29, 2020, by direct message on Instagram and must respond by direct message with their full name and email address within twenty-four (24) hours from the time/date of such notification or Winner may be disqualified and the Prize awarded to an alternate Winner. Upon proof of eligibility and adherence to all other terms and conditions of this Sweepstakes, Winners must receive the Prize at the participating store that is listed on the Sweepstakes Post. In the event the potential Winner is found to be ineligible, or if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, the potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. Sponsor is under no obligation to select an alternate winner. Sponsor’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Sweepstakes and the selection of the qualified winner are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
10. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Each Winner is solely responsible for all taxes as it relates to his or her Prize, including applicable sales and income taxes. The potential Winner will be required to sign and/or return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and (where legal) a Publicity Release (collectively, “Affidavit/Release”) within twenty-four (24) hours of Prize notification. If the potential Winner has reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of the date of entry, a clear and legible copy of a valid government-issued photo I.D. will be required within twenty-four (24) hours of Prize notification. If the potential Winner has not yet reached the age of majority in their state of residence as of the date of entry, parental or legal guardian consent will be required on the Affidavit/Release instead of a photo I.D. If any potential Winner (1) fails or refuses to timely sign and/or return the completed Affidavit/Release; (2) if applicable, fails to timely provide a clear and legible copy of his or her valid government-issued photo I.D.; (3) cannot be contacted; or (4) if the Prize or Prize notification is returned as undeliverable for any reason, the potential Winner may be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected. If an alternate winner is selected, the alternate winner must also abide by the same terms and conditions within this section and these Official Rules.
Except where prohibited by law, by accepting his or her Prize, the Winner grants Sponsor, prize suppliers and their respective partners, licensees, parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, assigns, related companies and successors, and all of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys and agents (collectively, the “Sponsor Entities”), the universal and perpetual right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast, and to grant others the right and license to use, exploit, print, publish, reproduce, display, distribute and broadcast the winner’s name, address, actual or simulated likeness, photograph, image, voice, portrait, picture, biographical and personal background information, statements, and Sweepstakes entry in any and all languages, formats, and media now known and hereafter developed, in connection with this Sweepstakes and/or any Sweepstakes-related activity and any and all advertising, promotion, marketing, and/or publicity thereof, including all ancillary and subsidiary rights therein, without additional consideration.
Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person who is in violation of these Official Rules. Such a person will be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Sponsor further reserves the right to cancel, terminate, suspend or modify any sweepstakes, game or drawing not capable of completion as planned, including because of any causes beyond the control of Sponsor.
11. DISCLAIMERS: By participating, Entrants on behalf of themselves and their heirs, executors, administrators, successors and assigns hereby knowingly and voluntarily release, discharge, waive and relinquish, and agree that they will not assert or maintain against the Sponsor Entities, those involved in the development, production (including prize suppliers, contractors, service providers), implementation and distribution of this Sweepstakes, all participating merchants and their designated agents and any other person or entity associated with such entities and/or this Sweepstakes, and any of their respective officers, directors, employees, representatives, attorneys, or agents (collectively, “Sponsors’ Companies”), any claim, action, suit or demand of any kind or nature whatsoever, whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Entrants hereby further agree that Sponsors’ Companies are not responsible or liable for, and that Entrants will indemnify, defend, release, and hold Sponsors’ Companies harmless from and against, any and all claims, liabilities, losses, damages, injuries, costs and expenses (including, without limitation, reasonable attorney’s fees) of any nature whatsoever whether known or unknown now or in the future, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, arising out of or in connection with their participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, or their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize in any way (including any tax liabilities). Entrants hereby acknowledge that they may hereafter discover facts different from or in addition to those which they now know or believe to be true and agree that this release will remain effective notwithstanding. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded.
WINNERS LIST: For the names of the
winners, send a self-addressed stamped envelope by December 1, 2020 to: HRG Thanksgiving Jjajangmyeon Giveaway Sweepstakes – Winners List; AdVue
Digital 966 S. Los Angeles
Ave., Los Angeles, CA 90006, Attn: Marketing Department.
12. GOVERNING LAW: Except to the extent pre-empted by federal or other applicable state law, this Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of California (without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof). By participating in this Sweepstakes, Entrants agree that any and all disputes which cannot be resolved between Entrant and Sponsor, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively, before a court located in Los Angeles, California having competent jurisdiction, which Court shall apply the laws of the State of California without giving effect to any conflict of law provisions thereof.
by reference and apply to the submission of entries pursuant to these Official Rules. Additionally, if an Entrant
Heung Rae Gak HRG 2020 Thanksgiving Cake Giveaway Sweepstakes
Last Updated: November 12, 2020 Copyright © 2020